I have a thousand questions, but here are the eight most pressing:
- Did the Johan Santana market just top $30 million per year?
- Is it possible that every semi-established pitcher in the league could legitimately demand $5 million in arbitration next year?
- Does the Mariners front office use fifties or hundreds to light cigars?
- Will we eventually remember Gil Meche as the beginning of the end for baseball?
- Where can I go to train to become a middle-of-the-pack major league pitcher?
- Does Greg Maddux sob himself to sleep, wishing he had been born ten years later?
- Did Boof just go out and buy two million bucks' worth of stuff, all on payment plans involving no interest and no financing for three years?
- Are the Twins uncompetitive financially even before the facade of the new ballpark rises?
Frankly, that's just stunning.