Interesting game...but I am pleased to announce that I learned/re-learned 5 things from watching tonight's game at the dome...
- The twins really need someone on the bench who could, theoretically bash the ball: Castillo is due up with 2 out, and 2 on, down by three...and we see Luis Rodriguez pinch hitting. Garrett Jones? Kevin Mench? TC Bear??? This was a glaring issue again tonight.
- Matt Stairs is the patron saint of slow-pitch softball players: How can ya hate this guy? He is the guy from the bar league softball team, who actually made it in baseball! The best part...when he hits a double, and starts chanting for "beer on two!!" The jays 3rd base coach is very patient, and nice, reminding Matt over and over "there is no beer on the field here Matt...it isn't slow-pitch."
- Some things are funnier when not actually brought into reality: Just look at the pictures on Jesse's post...I'll give you a hint...I'm referring to the pic of the guy's back.
- Mike Redmond's awareness of what is needed in any situation must be cloned, and inserted into all other players' heads: Comes up needing a hit, gets it, comes up again, gets it...even where he put the ball was thought out. Even if he gets out on those hits, they would still score runs.
- Cathing a foul-ball at the game makes you feel like a little kid!!: I caught my first ever foul ball at a game today, and it was really really cool. No glove, line drive foul back into the stands, i move to my right (where there are empty seats) and catch it with two hands. Thank god major league balls don't have raised seams...otherwise, i would certainly have a laceration or two. But anyway, it is a great feeling!