Baseball-reference.com did their postseason update today.
The most entertaining part of the update is the sim scores and age-based sim scores are now updated through the end of 2009. Most are familiar with Sim Scores. They are a Bill James invention but they were purposely designed to mimic HOF induction behavior circa 1990 or so. Because of that, they don't include park/era effect and tend to rely mainly on the more traditional counting stats. His thinking at the time was that the BBWAA/VC didn't incorporate those things. So, sometimes you get some quirky comps, but even the quirky comps can be fun and even a bit telling (e.g. Jason Tyner's comps are predominantly dead-ball era players).
Caveats aside, here are the latest comps for our Twins:
- Joe Mauer (26) -> Robinson Cano
- Justin Morneau (28) -> Paul Konerko
- Nick Punto (31) -> Frank O'Rourke
- Orlando Carbrera (34) -> Julio Franco
- Joe Crede (31) -> Kelly Gruber
- Delmon Young (23) -> Carlos May
- Carlos Gomez (23) -> Curt Welch
- Michael Cuddyer (30) -> Milton Bradley
- Jason Kubel (27) -> Jason Giambi
- Denard Span (25) -> Homer Summa
- Brendan Harris (28) -> Sandy Alomar, Jr.
- JJ Hardy (26) -> Miguel Tejada