1:10 pm: Some post-lunch news from around the league...
- The Miama Herald thinks Dan Uggla is still likely to be dealt. So...no changes there.
- It sounds like Rich Harden is healthy, at least. I'm sure the Twins are still an outside shot to sign him.
- Remember when some of us really wanted the Twins to chase Garrett Atkins? Well, he might be had for next to nothing pretty soon.
2:45 am: That's right, I get an early start!
• It sounds like the Reds will need to cut payroll. With the Twins still in "adding" mode, would they take a hard look at starters like Aaron Harang or Bronson Arroyo? Or would they attempt to take a run at second baseman Brandon Phillips?
• We already knew that Carl Pavano would test the free agent market and that he would garner some interest from around the league, and it sounds like Cleveland could host a return.
• HOW DOES LIVAN HERNANDEZ KEEP GETTING WORK?
• Some people think the Phillies would rather chase Mark DeRosa than Adrian Beltre. If that’s true it’s one less major hurdle the Twins would have to overcome, if they have interest in him.
• Wednesay morning Joe Mauer question: If you’re offering Joe an extension this off-season, what’s your opening offer?