Joe Crede makes his Twins debut.
It was a rough start, literally, for Scott Baker this afternoon. Six hits and three runs (including a solo shot by Justin Leone) though his two innings of work doesn't read well in a box score, but thankfully numbers like those aren't the story at this time of year. Baker went game-speed for two innings, and at this point all you're hoping for is to get a feel for the ball and to finish the day without an injury. Both of those boxes were ticked this afternoon.
Today's other highlights...
- Joe Crede walked, grounded into a double play and struck out in his three plate appearances today.
- Jason Kubel went yard against Andrew Brackman in the sixth, bringing the Twins within a run.
- Brian Duensing, Kevin Mulvey, Rob Delaney and Ben Julianel combined to throw six scoreless innings, allowing the offense to catch up and surpass the Yankees.
- Delmon Young went 2-for-2 with a stolen base and an RBI.
- Alexi Casilla and Danny Valencia committed errors in the field, throwing and fielding respectively, while Carlos Gomez notched an assist.
- 26 guys got a look today.
Tomorrow's game is just after noon central time, with Francisco Liriano making his debut. See you then!