Nothing's worse than a summer cold...
- In his second stint with the Twins this season, Alexi Casilla hit just .222/.276/.296. It's a real shame.
- Joe Crede has collected hits in five of his last six games, but is still hitting a paltry .206/.275/.353 in June.
- Even after a two-hit afternoon yesterday, Joe Mauer is still hitting just .409 this month.
- Carlos Gomez is sitting right on the Mendoza line so far this month.
- Jesse Crain makes me cry.
Like NBA Jam used to say, HE'S HEATING UP!!!
- Delmon Young is riding a moderate seven-game hitting streak, hitting .370/.370/.407. Just one extra-base hit in that stretch, but right now I'll take any positives from Delmon that I can get.
- The last game Brendan Harris appeared in and didn't reach base? May 24. In the interceeding 17 games, he's hitting .358/.400/.493.
- Mike Redmond's been much more like the Mike Redmond we all know in love since April expired, and is hitting .308/.357/.385 since May 1.
- The last game Joe Mauer appeared in and didn't reach base? May 7.
- Running on a streak of five consecutive quality starts, Nick Blackburn has posted a 1.80 ERA in that stretch.
- R.A. Dickey has allowed two earned runs in his last 21 innings.
- Matt Guerrier hasn't allowed a run in 10 appearances, going back to May 23.
- Since May 10, Jose Mijares has allowed just two earned runs.
- Joe Nathan has a scoreless streak running 10 appearances.
Francisco Liriano and Scott Baker have each posted ERAs of 3.00 over their last two starts. Considering how they've started the year, this is a drastic and welcome improvement.