From the exclusive (due to being made up) files. Nishioka told reporters, through a translator, that there are several things he requires in a contract with the Twins.
1. Jersey number. He wore 7 in Japan, obviously, that's not in the cards here in MN. He is demanding for a number with 7, first he demanded 17. After finding out that was Pat Neshek's number, he went to 27, JJ Hardy, 37, Ben Revere, 47, Liriano. Bill Smith is hoping he will accept 57 or 77. Jeff Manship has hinted that he'd be willing to part with 49 "If he's gonna make a big deal about it."
2. He's demanding concession stands at Target Field take yen.
3. Asks that the Twins find another way to refer to stealing bases. He doesn't like the implication that "stealing" bases elicits.
4. Wants an item in Target Field concession stands named after him, a-la the "Ichi-roll"
5. Wants to touch the Pav-stache
6. Wants to be in "one of those kick-ass commercials they always have."
7. 700 pounds of pocky.
and the final demand.
8. He asks that he gets exclusive negotiating rights at Mauer Chevrolet on a new Chevy Cruze.
I think the only tough one will be #5, of course. No one controls the Pav-stache.
I hear there is actually a much longer list, I was wondering if any of you guys know of his other demands. If you do, please post them in the comments.