- We're going to win this division handily
- I think I know why Orlando Hudson is always looking for a job in Spring Training. I've never used the word "airhead" for a baseball player before, but it might apply
- Kevin Slowey will emerge as the Pseudo-Ace of our staff this year, and elicit the term “Greg Maddux-Lite” or “Better Brad Radke” several times. Secondary prediction: I will be the one saying most of these things.
- Our starting rotation will be much better than expected due to natural improvement through experience, and regression to the mean (except for Blackburn…man that cat is consistent)
- JJ Hardy has been an extremely streaky player in his career. Don't get carried away with a good month or two. And BTW, he usually takes his bad bat into the field when he slumps.
- Justin Morneau will hit at least 40 this year…he got rid of his bad at-bats in Spring Training.
- Jason Kubel really shouldn't play against lefties (cue a stat that proves I'm wrong, but God he looks bad)
- The Tigers are our only competition this year. We got into Ozzie & Kenny's head so bad that they actually destroyed their fairly successful existing roster. They traded for suck-tastic Juan Pierre in a hilariously misguided attempt to play "Twins Baseball," and thus reinforced that they have no concept of what "Twins Baseball" is all about.
- Delmon Young's approach is as bad as ever, yet he is seeing excellent early results this year. I will bet my first child that by the end of the season, he is the same terrible 2-way player we have seen over the last 2 seasons. That being said...I have no children, so it's not exactly a gamble on my part
What say you, my fellow Twins fans? What are your bold predictions for this year?