Royals starter Larry Gura scattered just four hits in a complete game victory, while the star-laden Royals lineup got to Twins starter Fernando Arroyo early and often, tagging him for 5 runs and 10 hits in just 3 1/3 innings. The victory allowed the Royals to strengthen their hold on the AL West's second-half title in this strike-marred season, setting up an ALDS date with first-half "champion" Oakland.
- Willie Wilson (3-5, 2 RBI)
- George Brett (2-5)
- Hal McRae (2-4)
- Clint Hurdle (1-3, 2-run HR)
- The lone Twins star: Pete Mackanin, whose 2-run HR off Gura in the 4th accounted for the only Twins runs of the game.
- Dave Engle (0-4)
- Roy Smalley (0-4, bad hair day)
- Mickey Hatcher (0-3)
- Twins 3B prospect Gary Gaetti did manage to get one of the Twins' four hits off Gura, while fellow end-of-season call-up Tim Laudner went hitless.
- Royals reliever Juan Berenguer did not see action on Wednesday.
- The Twins next outdoor game in Minnesota is slated for April 2nd, 2010, against the St. Louis Cardinals. Please do not attempt to see the game at Met Stadium, as there's a frickin' mall there now.