It is widely reported that Mike Lowell is available for trade, and there are also some reports that the Twins have had internal discussions about him. Since he's basically trapped on Boston's bench without a role, Boston may be willing to take on some amount of the remainder of the $12 million he's owed this year (which is the last year on his contract) but may also want a player or two in return.
Lowell is 36 and clearly on the downslope of his career, but his career has been outstanding and his decline phase may be better than the Twins' other options. (Sometimes a falling star is better than a rising bottle rocket.) What do you think Twinkie Town?
As a Twins fan, how strong is your interest in getting Mike Lowell?
8. He would be a massive upgrade! If necessary, give up a top prospect and take on his whole salary. (8 votes)
7. (0 votes)
6. He would be a big upgrade. If necessary, give up a decent prospect and take on some salary. (59 votes)
5. (56 votes)
4. He would be a modest upgrade. If necessary, give up a marginal prospect and take on a small part of his salary. (243 votes)
3. (88 votes)
2. I'd take him, but only if Boston would basically hand him over for nothing. (274 votes)
1. (35 votes)
0. I wouldn't want him on the roster even if he were free. (66 votes)
829 total votes