For anyone who missed the introduction, be sure to read everything here.
A few weeks ago we ran our first contest for a commemorative Karl Jaeger print, and in three days we'll be running contest number two! This time around I'll hit you with an old familiar: a Who Am I? contest.
How does it work?
- At 8am central (9am eastern) on Thursday I'll post nine questions.
- Four will be defined as "easy" (more hints), three will be "medium" in difficulty (not as many hints) and two will be classified as hard (just a couple of clues).
- The first person to list all nine correct answers will be declared the winner, and will receive the print you see to your right.
- Previous winners (cough, Moojenowski) aren't eligible, but for the rest of the rules see below the jump.
Now, to be clear as to what you can win: An 18" x 22" print ($30.00 retail) on fine art paper, featuring the greatest players and moments in Twins history along with an image of Target Field from Opening Day with the American flag across the outfield and F-16s flying overhead.
That's Thursday at 8am (9 eastern), be there! If you have any questions, throw them in the comments.
Official Rules for the Who Am I? Contest
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase will not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
1. Eligibility: The Who Am I? Contest (the "Contest") is open only to legal residents of the
2. Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by SportsBlogs, Inc., 1740 N Street, NW,
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering the Contest, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Entry Period: The Contest beings at 9:00am ET on Thursday, September 16, 2010 and ends at midnight ET on September 16, 2010. Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
5. How to Enter: Visit www.twinkietown.com and answer the trivia questions on that site. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person/e-mail address. Entries will not be acknowledged.
6. Selection of Winners: The first comment posted in the Who Am I? thread with all of the correct answers will be declared the winner.. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received and the performance of each entrant.
7. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners: Sponsor will attempt to notify potential winners within one business day of the date of selection. If a potential winner does not respond within seven business days after the notice is sent, the Sponsor will select an alternate potential winner in his/her place according to the Judging Criteria. Only three (3) alternate potential winners will be contacted. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. If a potential winner is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the documents on his/her behalf. If a potential winner fails to sign and return these documents within the required time period, an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place according to the Judging Criteria. Only three (3) alternate potential winners may be contacted.
8. Prize(s): The winner will receive one 18"x 22" fine art paper print of artwork commemorating 50 years of Twins baseball. This fine art print designed by local artist Karl Jaeger features the greatest players in Twins history along with an image of the Opening Day at Target Field with the American Flag across the outfield and F-16’s flying overhead. Approximate retail value $30.00 US, $31.00 CAN. A winner is responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. You may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
9. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize(s) according to the procedures set forth above from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
10. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in
13. Results: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to 282 King’s Avenue, Ely,