Thoughts on last night's game:
- An AL Central team can beat the Yankees in the playoffs. We have evidence of this now. Turns out that all the Twins need is better defense, offense, health, Justin Verlander and Doug Fister.
- If you missed it, here's Joaquin Benoit removing a bandage from his face last night.
- Jose Valverde is going to blow a save in either the ALCS or the World Series, and it's going to be an epic, Lidge-to-Pujols core dump. Mark it.
- More thoughts after I finish this delicious Wolf Cola. Wolf Cola: it's the right cola for closure.
- Joe Girardi has called the server over five times this morning to adjust his breakfast order.
- Why SportsCenter is Awful, Part XVII: the Tigers defeated the Yankees, so let's talk about what the future holds for the Yankees the next 20 gotdamn minutes.
- Now that New York has been dispatched, I'm directing all my ill will to the Milwaukee Brewers. I have nothing against them personally, and the very thought of Carlos Gomez vs. Nick Punto in the NLCS gives me shivers of pure delight, but we don't need Wisconsin getting any haughtier than they already are. They have the best pro football team, one of the best college football teams, and the New Glarus Brewery. Screw 'em. Go D'Backs.
There are two more [redacted] Game 5s today. Will throw up a thread for them later in the day.