In a game that only lasted two hours and six minutes, a lot certainly went down between the Twins and White Sox tonight. I was going to do the whole game recap thing, but I'm just going to make a list of weird things from the game, okay? It'll help my multi-tasking, and be more fun to read (probably).
List of strange events after the jump.
1) Michael Cuddyer stole 3 bases tonight. Yes, that Michael Cuddyer. His total for the year is 6. Half of his SB came tonight. How mad do you think Ozzie is right now?
2) Carl Pavano pitched a complete game. Nothing too strange about this one, but wow, was Pavs dealing tonight. Complete game in just over two hours. Very nice.
3) The Twins stole like 100 bases off AJ Pierzynski and Gavin Floyd tonight. People were running everywhere! Okay, maybe not really, but Cuddy had his three, Alexi Casilla stole once, and Ben Revere stole another. Good times.
4) Ben Revere and Alexi Casilla delivered the first one-two punch to score the first Twins run, hitting back to back doubles in the bottom of the third inning. Piranhaball!
5) The White Sox had 6 hits off Pavano tonight, with only one runner getting to third base. Brent Morel was the only White Sox player to get an RBI tonight, in the top of the 6th.
6) Carlos Quentin remains hitless against Carl Pavano over the past 2 and a half years. He's now 0-for-13 with 4Ks.
8) Brian Dinkelman was 2-for-3 with an intentional walk. Fear the Dink.
9) This was probably the most Twins-y game of the season so far. Seriously. So much grit and hustle and...piranha-ing. Amazing.
-Everyone. It's always nice to beat the White Sox. I can just imagine the satisfying look of frustration on Ozzie's face tonight...
-Nah, no one. Good game. Let's do it again tomorrow!