My wife once said that to someone who was embarrassed that she had a bum boyfriend. I love baseball, and I love the Twins.
Focusing very hard on the positive, here are 10 1/2 good things about this otherwise embarrassing season.
* Target Field, Year Two. Just as pretty, a bit more gritty. We are seeing more fans from other teams, but not quite so many that we can't sound out "Let's go Brewers."
* Joe Mauer playing first. He is a natural athlete.
* Jim Thome. Gave the chicks and me some long ball. I already miss it. Hit his 600th in a Twins cap, very cool.
* Ben Revere. He's fast!
* Alexi Casilla/Tom Kelly. Toss-up. Before he went down, Casilla was giving me hope that we had a shortstop. Kelly was great on t.v. and has a remarkable taste in suits.
* Michael Cuddyer. Gamer, team player. Crickets will chirp in the clubhouse when he's gone. More movement on his fastball than Jose Mijares.
* Jason Kubel. We could use more professional hitters.
* Visiting San Francisco. I love the interleague, sorry people who prefer to wait to see us play the NL in the World Series. We got 8 hits in a row! I saw Tim Lincecum live!
* Bert Blyleven. A classy man, a fun Twins-centric Hall of Fame speech.
* Harmon Killebrew tributes. More of a Tony Oliva guy, watching the tributes to Harmon Killebrew made me realize how deeply he helped plant baseball roots in Twins territory.