Just a few links to tide you over until tonight's game.
1. It appears that contract negoiations between Michael Cuddyer and the Twins have stalled. Looks like they will begin talks after the season ends. Hopefully they will reach a deal on a new contract before the World Series.
2. What was Tom Kelly's favorite moment of the 1991 World Series? Why it is Jack Morris's pitching performance in Game 7.
3. It looks Like Twinkie Town #1 Prospect Kyle Gibson might need Tommy John Surgery and might not make his major league debut until 2013. The good news is that the tear isn't major and the Twins are trying to be proactive instead of going the rehab route and we saw how good that worked with Joe Mauer in the offseason.
4. Outside of Twins Territory, it seems that Jim Thome's chase for 600 taters is getting very little attention. Then you open the link provided and you see a list of all the players that have achieved the milestone in the past decade.
5. True the Minnesota Twins sit nine games out of the AL Central lead at the start of play on Saturday August 6. However, the Twins need to step it up if they are to win this division. Bleacher Report gives the lowdown on the Twins players that must step up now.
That is it for your news links this Saturday, hopefully Jesse will be back with the game thread later this afternoon. I'll leave you with a World Series related poll.