Pitchers and catchers report in less than two weeks, which means in two Fridays, there will be something to write about. Until then, you're going to get your thin, baseball-ish gruel and you're going to like it. LINKS, PLEASE:
- While everyone has given the Tigers the 2012 AL Central title already, another Central team that's sorta kinda going all-in for this year is..the Indians? SB Nation's Grant Brisbee looks at their acquisition of Derek Lowe and Casey Kotchman and says it sorta kinda makes sense. Casseroles are used as a metaphor.
- TwinsCentric's Parker Hageman and his precious GIFs break down the hitch in Danny Valencia's giddyup. WARNING: he compares Valencia's swing to that of dearly departed Twin Michael Cuddyer, so if you're still smarting from his exit, maybe consider setting this aside until you're ready to confront your emotions? Until then, we're here for you.
- I enjoyed Jonah Keri's Grantland piece on Edwin Jackson and the acronym TINSTAAPP. I think you will, too. 2014 Twins middle-of-the-rotation guy Bruce Chen gets mentioned, if that floats your boat.
- I feel bad for Josh Hamilton.
- Former Twin Matt Garza has agreed to terms on a one-year deal with the Cubs. Remember when we traded him and Jason Bartlett for Delmon Young and Brendan Harris? I do.
- Speaking of the Twins' starting pitching, Hardball Talk's Matthew Pouliot ranked all 30 MLB rotations as they head into 2012. The Twins are ahead of Royals! And that's about it!
So, there you have it. Feel free to discuss these or any other topics as you so desire.