Apr 12, 2012; Minneapolis, MN, USA: Minnesota Twins right fielder Ben Revere (11) hits a single in the third inning against the Los Angeles Angels at Target Field. The Twins won 10-9. Mandatory Credit: Jesse Johnson-US PRESSWIRE
The Twins are having a Bat Day promotion on Sunday, April 29, always one of the most popular promotions of the year. The first 5,000 fans 14 and under receive a bat, which makes for happy kids and slightly dangerous stadium aisles throughout the stadium.
Unfortunately, the Twins chose to make this year's bat day the Ben Revere bat day, with each bat bearing the signature of the young outfielder. This doesn't make sense anyway, as Revere can't hit to begin with, but now it doubly doesn't make sense, as the Twins optioned him to Rochester so that he can play every day.
I'm looking down the lineup of promotions this year, and frankly, I think there's some other ones that don't make a lot of sense. I don't know if you know anyone in the Twins front office, but if you do, call them up and tell them that they may want to consider canceling a few of these other giveaways, as well:
- April 28: Liam Hendriks Hot Fish Souffle Night
- May 12: Allstate Safe Hands Trevor Plouffe Autographed Tote Bag
- June 16: Ryan Doumit Autographed Glove
- June 30: Grow Big With Jamey Carroll Kid's Height Chart
- July 14: HealthPartners Matt Capps Pedometer
- July 29: Joe Mauer 2-for-1 Ticket Night
- August 10: Scott Baker Stick-On Wispy Goatee
- September 8: Nick Blackburn Weekly Appointment Book
- September 15: Francisco Liriano Precision Caliper