Jared Burton may have a splangeup in his arsenal, but is that enough to get him onto BW's roster? (Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)
Today I thought it might be fun to take a look at some of our favorite players who have donned Twinstripes in the last dozen or so years. A lot of times -- like the voting for the All Star Game which kicked off last Friday -- we get caught up in which teams are the best, or the most talented.
Today, I'm going to put together my favorite team of the past dozen or so years, and I'd like to encourage you to do the same in the comments. The only rule? The player must have played at least ONE game at the position you set them at.
C- Joe Mauer
1B- Justin Morneau
2B- Michael Cuddyer
3B- Joe Crede
SS- J.J. Hardy
LF- Josh Willingham
CF- Torii Hunter
RF- Denard Span
DH- Jim Thome
C- Matthew LeCroy
IF- Corey Koskie
IF- Jason Bartlett
OF- Matt Lawton
OF- Jason Kubel
Couple things here:
* I'm a sucker for more recent players. (See Burton, Willingham, Doumit, etc.)
* I really like power + defense types. Crede is a big part of that. Since defense and power are among the few things that can't be taught, or are difficult to teach, I think that's why I gravitate toward those types.
* I still have a TON of love for those early 2000s teams. Who doesn't?
* The Twins have had GREAT bullpens, especially in the mid-to-late 2000s.
* There is very little defensive skill on my team, especially with Cuddyer at second.
Alright, so let's hear it TwinkieTown nation! What do you think of my club? Who would be on your club?