Just how bad does Twins pitching stink? Cole De Vries looks for an answer.
It's an off day! Great. Here are some links:
- With the season more than two thirds over, you may be beginning to wonder what the heck the Twins rotation in 2013 might look like--and so have some local sports writers. Tom Powers recently took a look at what Diamond may do for the rest of this year and in the future, while Joe Christensen wondered whether Deduno's current performance is sustainable.
- Matt Capps (remember him?!?) had an MRI Monday on his shoulder, which showed that nothing has not gotten worse... and nothing has not gotten better. Same could be said for the Twins team trainers.
- Denard Span hopes to play this Friday after jamming up his shoulder last Sunday.
The Twins officially announced yesterday that their metro-area radio broadcasts are moving from AM 1500 to Pohlad-owned 96.3 FM. That's right--96.3 FM, as in the
hip-hop top 40adult-rock station, and the plan is for the station to continue playing adult-rock when the Twins aren't playing. Other teams to try broadcasting on music stations include the Nationals and Braves, although neither team is exclusively broadcasted on a music station anymore.
- Bleacher Report recently wrote about some kind of "Twitter War" between Patrick Reusse and Bert Blyleven that took place last weekend. Something about Reusse insinuating that Bert is a homer, then Bert responding that Reusse is a pessimistic grouch, and Reusse pretty much agreeing with Bert. Pretty heated stuff.
- Speaking of Twitter, former "juiced" MLBer and World's Best Twitter User Jose Canseco recently wrote a column about how to time travel. Call me crazy, but the piece isn't that bad. It's an interesting look into what might be going on inside Canseco's head, and even kind of sad--and not just in the Canseco-is-totally-nuts kind of way either.
- Apparently, the guy in charge of setting off the fireworks every game at Target Field responds to "Pyro Guy" and really likes his job.