Good morning! It's been just
a really huge, news-packed another week for the Twins, but here are a couple links for you to enjoy:
- Cross that ex-Twins off the possible ex-Twins the Twins could re-sign list: LaTroy Hawkins signed a one year deal with the Rockies. And get this--he's going to be their closer. Good luck, LaTroy!
- Mike Podhorzer over at Fangraphs takes a look at the exciting power potential of one young Twin that many fans around the country have looked over a bit.
- Cody Christie checks in on Alex Meyer and his AFL performance.
- David Brown at Yahoo! has made a a startling, shocking discovery about Joe Mauer. What next--we find out Mauer likes milk?!
- Just in case you hadn't already heard, for some odd reason: Cletesanity is over. Clete Thomas signed a minor league contract with the Phillies. (This is ultra sad, considering Clete played more games in the OF than anyone else on the Twins' major league roster last year.)
- Not exactly new, but construction is underway at the Target Field Transit Station. Big improvements should make it easier to get on the light rail after games, plus create a new area for fans to congregate including retail outlets and a jumbo display screen for movies and maybe... Twins games? We'll see.
- Rhett Bollinger wrote a piece about Brian Dozier and his break out season. Look, we're all scrapping the bottom of the barrel for stuff to write about, ok? It's a nice piece.