Good morning Twins fans! Ready to see two games in the snow today? No? Well tough beans!
Check out some links:
- Everyone wants to go back to the Metrodome. One New York news source is even asking if the Twins should be allowed to play any home games in April at all.
- Even USA Today is telling us to get a roof.
- Here's a picture of the progress workers have made so far this morning on clearing off the seats at Target Field.
- As if you needed any more proof of Joe Mauer's laziness: Mike Berardino of the Pioneer Press points out how Joe Mauer--who turned 30 last Friday, April 19th--NEVER plays on his birthday. Okay, fine, he has played on his birthday five out of his ten years in the majors, but he's only gone 5 for 17 (.294) in those five games--THIRTY points below his career average! And NO home runs! So it's practically like he's never played on his birthday.
- Even South Side Sox thinks Josh Willingham is the Twins' best overall hitter. Step it up, Joe!
- Cole De Vries has something to tell all you amateur physicians on Twitter: "I was told my [ulnar collateral ligament] was in 'pristine condition." (Translation: "I don't need Tommy John's.")
- Mike Pelfrey and Rick Anderson have decided that Pelfrey is just a little too predictable. So don't be surprised if Pelfrey starts to get a little bit cray cray! Or wait--do be surprised? Just don't expect anything!
- ESPN compared the greatness of Miguel Cabrera, Clayton Kershaw, and our Joe Mauer.
- The Phillies--suddenly concerned about their outfield defense--are trying to take away Delmon Young's hibachi grill!
- Joe Mauer tells LEN3 about Mike Redmond's nudity, because everyone loves to tell this story as much as possible.