We knew that Kevin Correia couldn't pitch 7 innings every game. It's still disappointing when it fails to happen, though, and that's exactly what we saw today.
His first two innings were pretty rough as he had to throw over 50 pitches combined, but he settled down in the next two. However, the struggles came back in the 5th and being near 100 pitches, we knew his day was over. The 'pen wasn't great in relief, as Anthony Swarzak and Ryan Pressly gave up 3 runs in 3 innings.
However, we got to see Aaron Hicks' first career home run!
- Jason Kipnis fell just a double short of the cycle in today's game.
- Speaking of Kipnis, his triple should have never happened as it clanked off Aaron Hicks'
frying panglove in left-center field. Hicks tried to make a leaping catch at the wall, but seemed to lose his concentration at the last moment and had the ball bounce off his glove.
- This was Kevin Correia's first start this season where he failed to go 7 innings. Despite allowing 4 runs in 5 IP, his ERA is still a shiny 2.83. He even added 4 strikeouts, which was a little out of character as well.
- Scott Kazmir won his first game since Sept. 19th, 2010 while with the Los Angeles Angels. Oddly, that win came against the team he played for prior to joining the Angels, the Tampa Bay Rays.
- PanthersFTW, 26
- Caleb A, 22
- SooFoo Fan, 22
- less cowbell, more 'neau, 19
- DavidRF, 18
- twinsgirl197, 18
- twinsbrewer, 13
- spanspanspan, 8
- myjah, 7
- montanatwinsfan, 6