Welcome to the special Eddie Guardado edition of Tuesday
Morning Twins links. With Eddie in town last weekend for his induction into the Twins Hall of Fame, he did a lot of catching up with the local media, and we learned a lot of things we never knew about the Everyday hero.
For instance, did you know:
- Eddie was originally drafted as a starter? ("We don't want to talk about that.")
- If Eddie Guardado had a time machine, he'd want to go back to the days of the wild west? ("I'd be walking into a saloon with a couple of pistols on my side and see who wants some trouble.")
- Eddie really likes the movie Norbit? ("That's a funny movie. It's one of those movies you have to watch over and over. I like that movie. I really like that movie.")
- Eddie's first fishing partner in Minnesota was Kirby Puckett? ("First time we went, he said, ‘Meet me at 5 a.m. at Perkins.' I figured, ‘There's no way Puck is going to be there at 5 o'clock,' but he was waiting for me, eating a cheeseburger.")
- Eddie had no idea what his signature entrance music--ACDC's "Thunderstruck--was? ("They played music, and I didn't know what music it was. So when '02 came, they go, 'Eddie, that paper you filled out, what type of music do you want?' 'Whatever they played last year.' And it was 'Thunderstruck.' I'd never heard that song in my life.")
- Eddie was one of Torii Hunter's favorite teammates, and the two still talk every other day? (Hunter: "He calls me and cusses me out.")
- Eddie really, really loved taking the mound for the Twins. ("Better than making love. Just don't tell my wife!")
- Twins long-time PR director Tom Mee was, of course, also inducted into the Twins Hall of Fame Friday. Learn a little more about the lesser known inductee.
- Chad Graff at the Pioneer Press takes a closer look at Kohl Stewart, the Twins 2013 first round, 4th overall draft pick.
- The Gazette compares Byron Buxton's and Mike Trout's performances as members of the Cedar Rapids Kernels (which before this year, was an Angels affiliate). Spoiler Alert: The comparison is good.