Really? Against the Marlins? Really, Twins?
Kevin Correia turned in a quality start--his third in the last four outings--but the Twins still lost. Kevin only gave up two runs, but, some how, that was enough for the worst team in baseball to beat the Twins.
Former Marlin and current Twin, Josh Willingham, produced the first Twins RBI in the third inning on a two-out RBI that scored Clete Thomas. The only other Twins RBI was scored by Trevor Plouffe in the 8th inning, when he managed to drive in Joe Mauer. The lack of offensive production--rather than the pitching performance--was the real problem for the Twins.
The Marlins scored their first three runs in the bottom of the 6th inning, on a single from Marcell Ozuna that was accompanied by a Clete Thomas error in center field (we want
Byron Buxton Aaron Hicks!!!). Trevor Plouffe was able to drive in another run in the top of the 8th inning, but then Marlin Marcell Ozuna hit a dinger in the bottom of the 8th to seal it up for the Marlins (also allowing us to see the Miami Marlins Dinger Machine in action, which is a purely glorious sight).
Red Dawg is smelling the RBIs--this time.
- Caleb Thielbar: 1 inning pitched, 0 runs, 0 hits--has yet to give up a run in 12 MLB appearances. (Also a native Minnesotan!)
- Joe Mauer: 2 for 4, 1 run, meh. Does this even count? Not even a home run. (Also native to Minnesota, I guess. This is getting old, Mauer.)
- Josh Roenicke: 0.1 innings pitched, 1 walk, 1 earned run (NOT EVEN A NATIVE MINNESOTAN).
- Jamey Carroll: 0 ABs, 0 hits, 0 walks!!! FIRE HIM!!!
- kenzertz (68)
- twinscrazy_german (42)
- amiller92 (35)
- myjah (31)
- less cowbell, more 'neau (19)
Bullet Point Highlights
- I discovered just before the game that my bike was stolen. If you see someone riding around Minneapolis on a teal-framed road bike with bright neon pink handle bars (the circular kind, and with only a couple gears, with switches on the middle bar below the seat), please kick them in the shins (or let me know where you saw them so I can kick them in the shins).
- A can of Pepsi exploding in your apartment is NOT FUNNY.
- Did anyone else notice how few fans there were in the stands at Marlins Stadium?