Good morning Twins fans! Here are this week's links:
- If you were wondering how Nick Punto is doing lately: Last night, LNP hit his second (!) home run of the year, celebrated it with Danny DeVito (who was wearing a Punto jersey), and got a curtain call at Dodgers stadium.
- Nick Punto reflected on his big night in this post-game interview (LNP also wondering if this is real life).
- Howard Sinker recently opined as to why Nick Punto received so much backlash from Twins fans, but no one seemed to have a problem with Jamey Carroll.
- Speaking of former Twins, I found my new favorite blog: Letters to Rusty.
- RandBall has an update on what Tsuyoshi Nishioka is doing in Japan. I actually watched the Hanshin Tigers vs. Hiroshima Toyo Carp game this morning (don't judge me) and can confirm Nishioka did not play today.
- Before Jamey Carroll was traded to the Royals last Sunday, Twins Daily's Parker Hageman talked with the utility man about preparing defensively for a game. Let's just say, he's definitely a professional baseball player.
- 1500 ESPN's Brandon Warne wrote a piece about the Twins' second most valuable player this season--and you might be surprised.
- Twins ace rookie phenom Cy-Young shoe-in Andrew Albers, being the nice Canadian that he is, stayed at Target Field far after the game to make sure every fan who waited got an autograph.