Hey guys! Here are this week's links to enjoy:
- Joe Mauer is
dyingstill has concussion symptoms, but is not ruling out a late-season comeback.
- In happier news, Glen Perkins is still an awesome guy--during last Saturday's rain delay, he bought a round of beer for the Twins Daily's light-rail pub crawl to the game.
- Team nominations for the Roberto Clemente Award were announced yesterday, and the Twins 2013 nomination is, uh, Justin Morneau.
- Since it looks like the Twins aren't going to make the 2013 post-season, 1500ESPN's Brandon Warne takes a look at ten possible free-agents the Twins could sign this winter.
- North Dakota Twins Fan takes a look at Twins catching for 2014.
- A few members of the Twins bullpen have connections to former major leaguer Wladimir Balentien, who just broke the single-season home run record in Japan (a record previously held by uber legend Sadaharu Oh). They had a few VERY interesting comments on Balentien.
- Part-time TV analyst Roy Smalley shares his observations from the weekend in Roy Smalley's Twins Weekend. (formerly knows as the Fist List--I have no idea why they changed it).
- And in former-Twins news, we have the ever delightful Nick Punto, who hit a single into center field and yet still made a totally unnecessary head-first slide into first base. GET MONEY, GET PAID.