This awful weather this week is bringing back shades of last season. I remember working three games against the Tigers where the game time temperature was in the 40s every day.
- Phil Mackey wrote about Joe Mauer and said that we should see him for the player he is, and he's pretty darn similar to Tony Gwynn, Rod Carew, Paul Molitor, and Wade Boggs. All are in the Hall of Fame. I think Mauer will be just fine.
- Michael Pineda pitched a game against the Red Sox with obvious pine tar on his hand, and he was not ejected, suspended, nor did the world combust because a supposed cheater took the mound.
- Jeff Francoeur was the victim of a pretty awesome prank by his Triple-A El Paso teammates in which they made him believe that one of their starting pitchers was deaf for an entire month.
- Hank Aaron pointed out that racism still exists, then became the recipient of hate mail because of his comments. Hmm...
- FanGraphs ranked the best center field cameras in baseball and the Twins made the top 10 in the league.
- Andrelton Simmons continues to amaze defensively as he slips but still throws out the runner while sitting on the ground.
- Watch in slo-mo as Phillies fans try to put a hex on Dan Uggla, then have their faces turn to disappointment as he hits a grand slam.
- New White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu hit a ball so hard that he tore its cover.