Minnesota Twins (9-9)
Tampa Bay Rays (9-10)
- Tonight, 6:10pm, FSN: David Price vs. Kyle Gibson
- Wednesday, 6:10pm, FSN: Jake Odorissi vs. Mike Pelfrey
- Thursday, 12:10pm, FSN: Erik Bedard vs. Ricky Nolasco
- The Rays have won 11 of their last 12 games against the Twins. That means the Twins are due for some more wins!
- With the off-day Monday, Ron Gardenhire opted to pitch Kyle Gibson on normal rest and move Mike Pelfrey to Wednesday because, well, Mike Pelfrey.
- Joe Mauer has a .374 career BA against Tampa Bay, which is his highest against any American League team. This is good news, because Mauer could sure use some dang hits about now.
- Unfortunately, however, Joe is only 2 for 14 lifetime off David Price. So don't expect the hits to come tonight.
- Ray Desmond Jennings had been sidelined with a sore groin, but he should be back by tonight's game, if that means anything to you.
- Newly acquired Twin Sam Fuld is going to wear number 1, which was previously worn by Alex Presley. You can basically just pretend it's still Alex Presley.
- According to Mike Berardino, Oswaldo Arcia is ahead of Josh Willingham in his injury rehab, and they could both be back in the majors in about 10 to 14 days.
- Our friends over at D Rays Bay have a much more technical series preview than this one, so go check it out if you're into graphs and analysis.