Good morning Twins fans. Here are today's links:
- Kevin Correia, former teammate of Tony Gwynn and native of San Diego, told Mike Berardino one and two short videos worth of his feelings about Tony, who passed away yesterday.
- Molly, Gardy, and Joe
yalso shared their thoughts about Tony Gwynn. (Includes sub-article on Eduardo Nunez doing agility drills!)
- SB Nation remembers Tony Gwynn too.
- GAME THREADERS: Remember the nice Padres visitors from Gas Lamp Ball earlier this year? Say a good word for them:
Oh no— Joe Lies (@TheThinGwynn) June 16, 2014
I didn't cry when either of my grandmothers died, but I'm sobbing right now.— Joe Lies (@TheThinGwynn) June 16, 2014
That smile.— Joe Lies (@TheThinGwynn) June 16, 2014
Tony Gwynn's stats read like exaggerations a drunk dad would make about his son.— Joe Lies (@TheThinGwynn) June 16, 2014
Stop making me cry, you jerks.— Joe Lies (@TheThinGwynn) June 16, 2014
I understand how Twins fans felt in 2006.— Joe Lies (@TheThinGwynn) June 16, 2014
- Seth Stohs laid out the Twins' possible starting rotation situation probably better than anything I've ever done in my life.
- Twins pitching prospect Kohl Stewart talked about how he manages his professional sports career with his type 1 diabetes (spoiler alert: he manages it extremely well).
- This Michigan news outlet refers to our team as the "pesky Twins", which is about the closest to an Ozzie-ism as I think we're going to get.
- Loving the opening sentence to this article on the Twins' season.
- Atmosphere and Imagine Dragons band are going to play an All-Star Game concert at TCF Bank on July 12th.
- Old news by now, but yeah, Gardy doesn't plan on ending the Danny Santana in center field thing anytime soon.