Good day, Twins fans! Here are today's links:
- Baseball announced yesterday that this year's Home Run Derby, taking place at Target Field, will follow a new bracketed format. They also announced that Jose Bautista and Troy Tulowitzki will be this year's captains for the AL and NL respectively.
- Baseball also announced the "celebrities" who will take part in the Celebrity Softball Game before the Home Run Derby. The best person on here might just be JI
- Twins pitching prospect Trevor May threw 120 pitches in one of his starts last week--but don't worry, it's part of a plan.
- Kurt Suzuki loves being compared to Joe Mauer. Gardy struggled to come up with a major difference between the two (how about one is concussed and the other isn't?).
- Ballpark Digest asks whether the St. Paul Saints and their new stadium in downtown St. Paul could ever become the low-A affiliate for the Minnesota Twins.
- Trevor Plouffe may skip a rehab assignment and return to the Twins lineup sooner than expected.
- After getting the save against the White Sox on Saturday, Glen Perkins pumped his fist, and FSN has a whole article to cover the details.
- In case you missed it, Aaron Hicks is going back to switch hitting.