You wouldn't know it, but it's true: there was a weekend just now.
- Jason Tyner hit his first career home run...AND I WAS IN WISCONSIN. I saw the replay on ESPN that night but still, DAMMIT!
- Kenny Lofton was traded to Cleveland, making this his 23rd time playing with the Indians. And really, it just makes sense.
- I heart Matt Garza.
- I've been Simpsonized!
- Ty Wigginton Sweepstakes winners...not the Twins.
- Speaking of sweepstakes, last week I was pretty convinced there would be some Luis Castillo Sweepstakes going on between the Mets and the Phillies...then the Phillies went and traded for Tadahito Iguchi. I'm sure there's still a market for our second baseman, but having two teams in the same division in the playoff hunt each needing a second baseman and therefor bidding against each other...it doesn't get much better than that for the Twins as a seller.
- Are we sellers? We probably should be. One day to go...
- I was at the Racine County Fair in southeast Wisconsin this past weekend, and this is the conversation I overheard between two Sconnies:
Sconnie 2: Sausage Lombardi Farve Packers cheese cheese cheese sausage.
Sconnie 1: Farve cheese sausage Farve cheese sausage.
Sconnie 2: Lombardi Starr Molitor Yount Vaughn.
Sconnie 1: Vaughn?!?
Sconnie 2: ...NASCAR...
Sconnie 1: NASCAR.
Sconnie 2: Cheese cheese Farve cheese Packers.
* Bring on the Royals.
See you tonight!