Something new today, we'll try it as an experiment and see how you like it. Take a look at the clues below. Can you tell me who these players are?
Who am I?
- I was originally drafted by the Kansas City Royals
- At college in back-to-back seasons, I was a Pac-10 All-Southern OF and a Summer League First-Team All American
- Over three seasons in the minor leagues, I made three different All Star teams
- My minor league OPS is .822
- I was an Olympic Baseball participant
- I made one minor league All Star team, eight years after I was drafted
- My minor league line is .309/.362/.462
- I was originally drafted by the Cincinnati Reds
- I hit .370/.426/.481 in my first year in the majors
- My World Series OPS is 1.121
- In high-A ball I pitched just one inning, striking out two...but my ERA is 36.00
- I was an Ivy League All Star in back-to-back seasons prior to being drafted
- My minor league OPS is .862
- At the major league level I took 268 career walks; only logged 278 career strikeouts