Thoughts and ephemera as we impatiently await yet another must-win game:
- Denny Hecker is more popular than Chip Caray. The New York Times is the latest to check in.
- If you haven't already, click on Adam's Five Reasons the Twins Can Win This Series.
- If you're as annoyed by all the suits, politicians and Kate Hudsons in the lux seats at Yankee Stadium as I am, please read this ESPN article.
- Has Matsui's home run off Liriano landed yet?
- Apparently Jorge Posada's widdle feewings are hurt because Jose Molina is catching for the Yankees tonight. I try not to be too much of a homer, but can you imagine Joe Mauer doing this? (No. The answer is, "No.")
- Star Tribune writer and my life coach, Michael Rand, asks: "Are we crazy to think a 6-3 Twins victory is in the cards tonight?" My response is, "probably." I do think the Twins can win, but I see it coming via a 10-8 slugfest.
Your thoughts on that or anything else in comments. Game thread will be up around 3-ish.