From all of us here at Twinkie Town, a happy new year to everybody!
Be safe. Get a cab. All that stuff. But for tonight, I will leave you with my ten New Year's...well, not so much resolutions as much as wishes.
- Sign Joe Mauer. I feel like this pretty much speaks for itself.
- Get people to realize that playing baseball outdoors in Minnesota does not equal the end of the civilized world. If you can play outdoor baseball in April in Philadelphia (53.1 F), Chicago (47.8), Detroit (48.1), Cleveland (47.6)...hell, even Boston (48.3) or New York (52.5) or Pittsburgh (49.9)...then you can play outdoor baseball in Minnesota (46.6). I don't mind if you don't want to go. But I will. It's just a couple of degrees, people. Suck it up.
- Find a way to promote Jason Kubel's beard as it's own category of sentient life.
- Make more Star Trek references in my posts.
- Do not, I repeat, do NOT incur the wrath of Jon Rauch. He'll shank you.
- Get Twinkie Town to pick up 100,000 visits in a month. An achieveable target considering how we've done the last couple of years.
- Shave Nick Punto's head every time he dives into first base or fails to lay down a bunt.
- Take down my Christmas tree before April.
- Twins win the World Series in 2010.
- Stop thinking of Ron Gardenhire everytime I eat KFC. Which is really only about once a year anyway.