1. Congrats on the big win last night to stop the losing skid. What put the Brewers into this "death spiral"?
2. Ken Macha's been on the hot seat. Has this been coming for a while, or is the general consensus that it's the aforementioned "death spiral" that's been the catalyst?
3. I know you haven't had him for long, but what are your first impressions of Carlos Gomez? What's impressed you, and what's disappointed you so far?
4. Trevor Hoffman has been terrible so far. I'm sorry, I know that wasn't a question, but feel free to share your favorite expletives to describe his performance so far.
5. Pitching in general has been a bit of a sore spot for the Brewers, with the exception of Yanavi Gallardo. He's hit double-digit strikeout totals in three starts this year already, and the Twins get to see him this weekend. What can you tell us about him?
6. What's your take on the Prince Fielder situation? There's been so much banter about how the contracts of other players might affect the next guy, and how maybe the Brewers should consider dealing him with how they've played so far this year--from an outsider's perspective, I wouldn't want to deal him.
7. Alcides Escobar is getting his first opportunity to really grab shortstop by the horns this season. His offensive numbers don't look great and UZR/150 doesn't necessarily like him either, but numbers can be deceiving (especially with young players). How's he coming along?
All told, I don't think his performance is anything to really worry much about - he's learning on the job in the big leagues, and as long as he continues to show signs of improvement I think he'll be fine. He enters play tonight on a pretty nice run, hitting .324/.343/.529 in his last nine games.