First Pitch: 7:10 PM CDT
TV: Fox Sports North
Radio: Twins Radio Network
Know Thine Enemy: Brew Crew Ball
The Twins are coming into this series not necessarily slumping, but their 3-game losing streak is their longest of the year. On the other side of the river, the Brewers are definitely slumping, having just broken a 9-game losing streak where they were outscored 68-31. It could be worse, in other words. Starting pitchers, lineups, notes, and a great recipe for baked meatballs after the jump:
|2010 - Nick Blackburn||4-1||7||7||1||0||0||0||46.2||57||25||24||7||12||13||4.63||1.48|
The good: Blackburn is 3-0 with a 2.35 ERA in May. The bad: Blackburn is 0-1 with a 6.39 ERA in his two starts against Milwaukee.
|2010 - Dave Bush||1-4||8||8||0||0||0||0||46.1||50||26||22||8||22||24||4.27||1.55|
Bush is 1-5 with a 4.38 ERA in six career starts against Minnesota.
Milwaukee Brewers @ Minnesota Twins
05/21/10 8:10 PM EDT
|Milwaukee Brewers||Minnesota Twins|
|Joe Inglett - 2B||Denard Span - CF|
|Carlos Gomez - CF||Orlando Hudson - 2B|
|Ryan Braun - LF||Joe Mauer - C|
|Prince Fielder - 1B||Justin Morneau - 1B|
|Casey McGehee - DH||Michael Cuddyer - RF|
|Corey Hart - RF||Jason Kubel - DH|
|Craig Counsell - 3B||Delmon Young - LF|
|George Kottaras - C||Trevor Plouffe - SS|
|Alcides Escobar - SS||Nick Punto - 3B|
- No JJ Hardy until Monday at the earliest. Hey, look, Trevor Plouffe! UPDATE: multiple sources reporting that Alexi Casilla had an MRI of his elbow today due to soreness. No updates at this time, but for those who want, nay, demand that Plouffe stick around, you may get your wish.
- Hey, look, Carlos Gomez! Go-Go has been activated from the DL for tonight's game. We should get a pool going on what his first mental error will be. I call "bunting with 2 strikes" or "going to the Metrodome by mistake."
- For those who forgot, like yours truly, LaTroy Hawkins is a Brewer now. He's on the DL with a sore shoulder. In October, it'll be eight years since Hawkins struck out Miguel Tejada in the 8th inning of ALDS Game 5. Thanks again for doing that, LaTroy.
- I don't think any rational Twins fan is panicking yet, but 2-of-3 should be the bare minimum for this weekend, especially with the Rangers and Yankees on deck.
Recipe for baked meatballs:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. italian sausage
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, divided
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. (Jesse: I don't know what system they use to measure heat in England, so just crank it to 450 farthings or whatever.)
In a large mixing bowl, combine the beef, sausage, cheese, egg, basil, parsley, garlic powder, salt, red pepper flakes, and 1/4 cup of the bread crumbs. Mix.
Place the remaining 1/4 cup of bread crumbs into a small bowl. Shape the meatballs into rounds, roll in the bread crumbs and place the meatballs in a cake pan or muffin tins. Bake for 20 minutes/until cooked through.
Enjoy the game, everybody.