Bonus Video Laffs: "What is this, A CENTER FOR ANTS?"
Planning my night around when the next severe thunderstorm will knock out my DirecTV signal.
|2010 - Carl Pavano||14-7||23||23||5||2||0||0||161.2||147||61||59||15||28||93||3.28||1.08|
A won-loss record can be a very misleading stat, but it is kind of cool that Pavstache is going for his 15th win this evening, right? No? Well screw you, then.
|2010 - Gio Gonzalez||10-7||23||23||1||0||0||0||141.0||124||56||55||10||62||114||3.51||1.32|
After the Twins manhandled him last year (a 28.59 ERA in two starts), Gonzalez notched a home win against them in June, holding Minnesota to two runs over seven innings.
You can find lineups and a mouthful of teeth if you keep running your mouth like that after the jump:
Lineups are courtesy of LaVelle E. Neal III:
Your FIRST PLACE Minnesota Twins:
1. Denard Span, CF
2. Orlando Hudson, 2B
3. Joe Mauer, C
4. Michael Cuddyer, 1B
5. Jason Kubel, RF
6. Delmon Young, LF
7. Danny Valencia, 3B
8. Alexi Casilla, SS
9. Drew Butera, C
1. Coco Crisp, CF
2. Daric Barton, 1B
3. Kurt Suzuki, c
4. Jack Cust, DH
5. Kevin Kouzmanoff, 3B
6. Mark Ellis, 2B
7. Rajai Davis, RF
8. Chris Carter, LF
9. Cliff Pennington, SS
- Just about everyone is reporting that Jose Mijares will be out a month with a miniscus tear in his knee. What this means: if you're left-handed, call Bill Smith. You have a shot.
- Lousier news: per ESPN1500's Phil Mackey, both Gardy and Justin Morneau say there is no timetable for Morneau's return from a concussion, and that the first baseman has not had symptom-free day since the injury. This blows on every single level.
- Mackey also notes that Hardy is available off the bench,and LNP will be available this weekend. Karlee will be thrilled.
- LEN3 reports that Rauch and his bum toe are available out of the bullpen this evening.
- The A's have called up former Twins prospect Steven Tolleson for this weekend's series. The A's claimed Tolleson off waivers this last offseason. Nick Nelson's Bitterness Index (NNBI), as measured by his Twitter feed over the Twins losing Tolleson but still having Matt Tolbert, is measured at an 8.4 on a scale of 1-to-10. This is also the same rating Twinkie Town gives the new Arcade Fire album.
- Another face to look for is Chris Carter, Oakland's highly-touted power-hitting prospect and creator of the X-Files.
Enjoy the game, everybody.