Can you name all 25 guys on the active roster right now? Are you sure?
- Nick Punto was activated after the game this afternoon. He'll rejoin the team for the series with the White Sox on Tuesday.
- Matt Tolbert has been activated, but was optioned to Rochester for the time being. With Punto returning, Alexi Casilla playing reasonably well, Danny Valencia playing very well and both J.J. Hardy and Orlando Hudson (currently) healthy...there just isn't room. At this point I think he might even have to prove he deserves the next callup more than Trevor Plouffe.
- To make room for Punto, Jose Morales was sent back to Rochester. While I understand the desire for three catchers while the soreness in Joe Mauer's shoulder faded, it doesn't change the fact that he didn't play...which is good news, in some sense. But he did appear in just five games, and he received just five plate appearances. I'm sure it was frustrating, but hopefully he takes something away from it.
- It doesn't sound like Justin Morneau will be back this month, if Sid Hartman is to be believed. Disappointing, but it's not like anybody wants Justin to rush back.
- The current "You Didn't Start the Year On the MLB Club" list: Matt Capps, Ron Mahay, Jeff Manship, Glen Perkins, Danny Valencia, Jason Repko. It could be worse.