Things you can read to take your mind off of the events in the Superdome on Thursday evening:
- Joe Christensen's To-Do List for the Twins in the Strib is worth your precious time. Among other things, he endorses having Pavstache pitch Game 1 of the ALDS should the Twins clinch (thoughts?), focuses on the importance of resting your Delmon Youngs and Denard Spans, and not giving up hope on the return of Justin Morneau.
- Brandon Warne of Baseball Prospectus has an appreciation of that underappreciated masher of taters, Jim Thome. Bonus points for mentioning Gorman Thomas and Mickey Tettleton.
- Who wants to watch next year's All-Star Game with Bud Selig? Hello? Is this thing even on?
- Bat-Girl is on the Twitter, and taunts the White Sox as only she can.
- Speaking of, the South Siders have J.J. Putz back for this weekend's series with the Royals, but may not have Bobby Jenks.
- As for the Twins' weekend opponent, Let's Go Tribe has a rundown of some legitimate bright spots for the Indians. Since it's Cleveland, one assumes something bad will happen to all these players.
- Finally, this might be the best steal of home (on a botched squeeze attempt, no less) you'll see for awhile.
Talk amongst yourselves, we'll see you later today.