The Twins split a road series with Matt Tolbert, STEVE HOLM!, Drew Butera, Jason Repko and Alexi Casilla getting numerous at-bats and everyone else having the Hanta virus. I refuse to panic.
- Delmon Young is getting an MRI today on his sore ribs. If the team has to make a move based on that or on Justin Morneau needing more time to recover from what I can only assume is the same thing that killed Doc Holliday in Tombstone, Lavelle mentions Trevor Plouffe and French Resistance fighter Rene Tosoni as options.
- Rob Neyer looks further at the question first posed by City Pages' Peter Schilling: has Ron Gardenhire cursed the Twins? (WARNING: maths.)
- How on earth is Cleveland 13-6? Jeff Sullivan says that run production, defense and luck have a lot to do with it. (WARNING: more maths.)
- Why has Jason Kubel been a bright spot at the plate for your Minnesota Twins? Parker Hageman gets after it.
- The weather tonight is going to be miserable, by most accounts. If you're going, may I recommend galoshes and warm woolens?
- Absolutely not baseball-related, but the Rent-inspired song from last night's The Office was wonderful.
- The White Sox snapped their 7-game losing streak last night. I assume Ozzie had an entertaining, off-color remark about it, but I can't find it right now.
That's it for this morning. Will be back later with the game thread, or if there is any roster move made.