There is no shortage of news in Twins Territory this morning. Let's dig in:
- The weather: perfect. Low 60s, partly cloudy. It hasn't been this nice in six months, and it falls right when the Twins open the season. Unbelievable. Anyone with tickets, feel free to brag in the comments, bastards.
- The Pioneer Press has a refresher on the new food offerings at Target Field.
- If you want to buy a beer from Wally the Beer Man, you'll have to go to Sneaky Pete's. (RandBall's Stu Recommendation: go to the Loon, get the chili.)
- Joe Mauer is catching Carl Pavano today, per the suggestion of bench coach Jim Souhan.
- Tsuyoshi Nishioka's leg is all broke and stuff. He's on the 15-day DL, but the consensus seems to be six weeks minimum, plus a rehab stint in the minors.
- Why didn't Nishioka jump? Parker Hageman has a fantastic piece on this.
- It wasn't a dirty slide, but feel free to hate on Nick Swisher for stealing Joanna Garcia from my friend Brad, who called firsties when she appeared on the WB's Reba.
- Nishioka's injury gives Twins spring training MVP Luke Hughes an opportunity to show and prove. The former Perth Heat star will be with the squad today. No word on whether he or Matt Tolbert will get the start at 2B.
- TV Update: FSN has come to terms with Charter and Dish Network. Mediacom and Cable One subscribers can continue being furious.
Will be back early this afternoon with the lineups. Game's at 3:00. It's the home opener. Enjoy.