- "What? They do what? In costumes? They call it 'cosplay?' But...why? Judas Priest. Unbelievable."
- After last night's game, I'm convinced that I will never see a greater pitcher/hitter mismatch than Justin Verlander vs. Drew Butera until someone finds film of late-'90s Pedro Martinez throwing full speed to 7th-graders.
- Jason Kubel, Professional Hitter, is finally back. The Twins sent Scott Diamond down to make room for him. Joe C. has an idea for what the lineup will look like this evening. Feel free to critique or craft your own in the comments.
- I'm starting to think we might have been overselling the talents of Chuck James, you guys.
- I was in attendance at Wednesday's game against Cleveland. Despite a nice breeze, the heat was still punishing to the point of distraction at times, so I'm going to need confirmation that the Twins got six critical outs from Alex Burnett, Jose Mijares and Matt Capps. I think that's what happened, but it seems unlikely.
- .GIF from the 9th inning last night: Wilson Betemit Hates Phil Coke.
- Better at getting hurt, looking like they're dead, then turning out to be okay: Orlando Hudson or Delmon Young?
- I quite enjoyed John Bonnes' look at the relief pitcher market.
- Also at the Strib, my close personal friend Michael Rand has a tongue-in-cheek look at the next wave of baseball statistics. My suggested addition is LFFAO (Long Fly for an Out) to better gauge the percentage of Matt Capps' outs that are 405-foot shots to the deepest part of the ballpark. Has to be 70% at minimum this year, right?
Will be back this afternoon with any breaking Twins news and/or your game thread.