First Pitch: 7:10 CT
Know Thine Enemy: Pinstripe Alley
GO TWINS GO!: I win
Hi. Bat-Girl isn't Jesse's mysterious game-thread and recap fill-in this week. I am.
Oh, and Joe Mauer is playing right field tonight. I'm serious. More information after the jump.
#52 / Pitcher / Minnesota Twins
Feb 22, 1983
|2011 - Brian Duensing||8-11||25||23||1||1||0||0||139.0||158||77||70||16||43||101||4.53||1.45|
Duensing struck out a career-high 9 batters in his last outing against Cleveland, which is pretty cool even though the Twins still lost.
#52 / Pitcher / New York Yankees
Jul 21, 1980
|2011 - CC Sabathia||16-7||26||26||3||1||0||0||190.2||172||69||62||13||46||175||2.93||1.14|
Sabathia has struggled in his last two starts against the Red Sox and the Rays, going 0-2 with 12 runs allowed in 14 innings. Hopefully he keeps this performance up tonight.
- Jason Kubel is not with the team due to a family emergency. Luke Hughes was recalled from AAA Rochester to fill-in.
- Michael Cuddyer's neck apparently felt even worse on Wednesday than it had Tuesday. He is having a MRI today to learn more about his injury.
- Denard Span hasn't played since Saturday because of on-going problems stemming from his concussion in June. Span thinks problems might be due to a new medication he is taking.
- Matt Tolbert has a gimpy wrist.
- Alex Rodriguez--who had surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his right knee on July 11th--should be re-joining the Yankees in Minneapolis today. Rumor is, however, that he will not actually play today.
- Luke Hughes apparently missed his flight to the Twin Cities. Due to the shortage in outfielders, Joe Mauer will now be playing right field. And there are no bench players. Enjoy!