First Pitch: 7:10pm CDT
Radio: Twins Radio Network
Know Thine Enemy: South Side Sox
Soothing Balm: "The Kids Are Insane," Urge Overkill
If it's going to happen, it should probably start tonight, otherwise Phil Mackey will have a lot of discount T-shirts to sell.
#53 / Pitcher / Minnesota Twins
Feb 24, 1982
He's been terrible. However, in his last terrible start against the Whities, he stole a win in a 9-5 Twins victory at Cellular Telephone Parkfield. He hasn't won since, because karma and a sinker that won't sink, I suppose.
#56 / Pitcher / Chicago White Sox
Mar 23, 1979
He's been good. He does have a loss to Blackburn and a no-decision versus the Twins this year. The White Sox just got swept at home by the Yankees, so they need a victory just as badly as the Twins. Desperation: a stinky cologne.
Lineups, notes after the jormp-jomp:
Twins (courtesy LEN3):
1. Ben Revere, CF2. Matt Tolbert, 2B3. Joe Mauer, 1B4. Michael Cuddyer, RF5. Kuboom, DH6. Danny Valencia, 3B7. Delmon Young, LF8. Tsuyoshi Nishioka, SS9. Drew Butera, C
- Justin Morneau starts a rehab assignment in Rochester AS YOU'RE READING THIS. This would be more exciting if they were two games back, but good news is good news.
- No Span tonight, due to general fatigue.
- Joe C. says the Twins floated a 2-year, $16 million extension offer to Michael Cuddyer.
- Rob Neyer on the AL Central. As you may have noticed, this is a really bad division this year.
- As you celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the best team in modern Minnesota sports history by waiting in line for a Scott Leius bobblehead, maybe read what Howard Sinker has to say about what lessons the Twins braintrust can learn from the building of that squad.
It's still the Twins/White Sox. I plan to enjoy it, and you should, too. See you later on.