Some things to enjoy while you eat
- Twins fans all seem to have the same question these days--what in the world has gotten into Francisco Liriano? FranKKKKKie has been absolutely dominant since his return to the rotation (which brings up the question of a possible trade). What has he been doing differently? According to LEN3, Liriano started chewing bubble gum. "I just started the last couple of starts," he said. "I don't know why." Whatever works Frankie!
- As of this morning, Joe Mauer has the highest on-base percentage in the AL. Because all he ever does is hit singles. Sometimes doubles. Or he just walks. Whatever. Yawn.
- Matt Capps was placed on the DL Monday, although an arthrogram (which I'm guessing is the Instagram-equivalent of an MRI used only by the Twins medical staff) showed no structural damage to his right shoulder. The Twins staff gave Capps his first-ever cortisone shot and are waiting to see what happens next. Stay tuned!
- With Capps out, lefty Glen Perkins and righty Jared Burton will split closing duties.
- If for some reason you didn't notice, long-time Red Sox and fan-favorite Kevin
YouklisYoukilis made his debut as a White Sox last night at Target Field. President Obama, known White Sox fan (sigh), happened to be speaking at a fundraiser in Boston and jokingly thanked the crowd for the trade. It did not go well.
- The AA New Britain Rock Cats had to cancel their game in Richmond yesterday because there was no fence.
- The Twins unveiled their sweet new (old?) Minneapolis Millers throwback jerseys that they will wear during the night game of Saturday's doubleheader with Kansas City. Interested in a Millers hat? The Twins already have them available in team stores, and you can order one online here.