Greeting Twins fans! Today we look to the past, present, and future with the following Twins-y links:
- Wondering where the bobbleheads are this year? The Twins announced that they will be selling 1,000 limited-edition bobblehead sets featuring all 12 past and present managers of the Minnesota Twins. The sale will take place 9am CT on Friday, September 7th at twinsbaseball.com/managers. All proceeds benefit the
Twins Starting Rotation Disaster Relief FundTwins Community Fund.
- If you're wondering when the Minnesota Twins will turn the reigns over to their new and 13th manager, it doesn't sound like it will be any time soon.
- Jim Crikket of the Twins blog Knuckleballs wrote a great post opining on the future of the Twins Class A team, and where it may or may not be located.
- Despite the losing season, Justin Morneau wants you to know that the Twins players are trying their best to do what's best. "We're still trying to do the right things," Morneau explained, "just trying to play the game that we're supposed to play." Keep getting after it Justin!
- By now you have surely heard of the blockbuster trade that sent former Twin Little Nicky Punto and some other guys to the LA Dodgers. Rob Neyer of some website called SB Nation provides insight on the trade in his post, "If Nick Punto Was a Country..."
- Michael Rand of the Star Tribune has a completely ludicrous conspiracy theory that the Boston Red Sox are now trying to pry Joe Mauer and Justin Morneau from the Twins (...or is it ludicrous?)
- MLB hasn't officially said anything about whether the Twins will host the 2014 All-Star Game, but some sort of announcement just might be made by Bud Selig and the Twins on Wednesday. CoughcoughHACKcough.