Good morning Twins fans, here are some tidbits for you:
- Well guys, maybe the band isn't getting back together after-all...
aj pierzynski, red sox agree to a deal — Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) December 3, 2013
- Unlike that butthole A.J. (I'm just kidding A.J.), Justin Morneau was hanging out at Ridgedale Center helping support a coat drive recently and told Phil Miller of the Star Tribune that "[t]here's no saying I won't be back in the future. You never know what the opportunity is going to be... but [Minnesota] is something that will stick with me forever."
- Yesterday the Twins tendered contracts to Trevor Plouffe, Brian Duensing, and Anthony Swarzak, their three remaining arbitration eligible players. They are projected to get a combined $5 million.
- Where's Oswaldo? In Venezuela, hitting all kinds of dingers. Arcia has hit 8 home runs in 80 ABs so far this year in the Venezulan League. For some perspective: that ties Arcia for seventh most in the league, and every other player in the top 12 has at least over 100 ABs, if not double the number Arcia has had.
- Outgoing Minneapolis Mayor R.T. Rybak seems pretty excited about a Twins' recent signing.
- Ricky Nolasco apparently liked the snow Minneapolis got yesterday. I hope he also likes pitching in it.
- Mike Berardino of the Pioneer Press pointed out that Phil Hughes might want to wear his old number 34 with the Twins (he gave it up when A.J. Burnett joined the Yankees). That's cute.