In spite of vocal support for Lewis Thorpe and Jorge Polanco, Max Kepler still finished second in Round 6 with 21% of the vote. Our winner for the #7 prospect in the system, however, was Jose Berrios with 53% of results. He becomes the third pitcher to grace the Twinkie Town top prospect list.
At this point in the process things start getting a bit more interesting, because once you get past Berrios people tend to not always agree on who's next. We have three spots remaining in our Top 10, and the four players remaining on this ballot are the most commonly listed players that high on the Twins prospect list.
Twinkie Town Top Prospects for 2014
- Byron Buxton, CF
- Miguel Sano, 3B
- Alex Meyer, RHP
- Eddie Rosario, 2B/OF
- Kohl Stewart, RHP
- Josmil Pinto, C
- Jose Berrios, RHP
- For each round, a certain number of players will be presented with statistical history, a brief overview, and other basic information such as age and level.
- Once on a ballot, players will remain on the ballot until they eventually win a vote. Barring something drastic, like a trade.
- Sometimes no players will be added to subsequent ballots. Sometimes more than one player will be added. Early rounds will have fewer players for which to vote, and later rounds are more likely to have more.
- Share with your friends! Let's get as many votes as possible.
- A general list has already been assembled, and players are slated to join the voting at a specified time, but you are welcome to recommend players that you think should be added in the following round.
Players up this round: Lewis Thorpe, Jorge Polanco, Max Kepler, Felix Jorge
Lewis Thorpe, LHP
2014 Age: 18
2013 High Level: GCL Twins, 44.0 IP (Rookie)
It might seem a bit premature to throw international signing Lewis Thorpe into the voting fray so early, but we're doing it. In spite of his age, in spite of his distance from the Majors, in spite of his small sample size, Thorpe absolutely dominated with the GCL Twins in eight starts and four relief appearances. The Twins will no doubt keep him in rookie ball this season, possibly with Elizabethton, but another blistering performance like this might tempt the Twins into seeing how he does in Cedar Rapids at the end of the season. Scouts mostly seem to think he has mid-rotation upside, but it's easy to dream on the Australian 17-year old lefty with amazing strikeout rates.
Jorge Polanco, SS/2B
2014 Age: 20
2013 High Level: Cedar Rapids, 523 PA (Single-A)
Felix Jorge, RHP
2014 Age: 20
2013 High Level: Elizabethton, 61 IP (Rookie)
Max Kepler, CF
2014 Age: 21
2013 High Level: Cedar Rapids, 263 PA (Single-A)