Probables (all games FSN)
- Friday, 7:10pm: Mike Pelfrey vs. Jason Hammel
- Saturday, 6:10pm: Vance Worley vs. Steve Johnson
- Sunday, 1:10pm: Scott Diamond vs. Wei Yin Chen
- Remember last year when the Orioles were 47-1 in extra innings or whatever? They're only 6-5 this year in one-run games, and 2-2 in extra innings, yet they're still 21-14 and tied for the AL East lead with Boston and the Yankees. Weird.
- Steve Johnson, who starts Saturday, had a 2.11 ERA in 12 appearances for the Orioles last year, including four starts and a 4-0 record - but didn't make the rotation in the spring. He's 1-1 in three starts at Triple-A this year, with a 4.11 ERA, and when Miguel Gonzalez hit the DL with a thumb blister, he was called up to the big leagues.
- If you go by ERA, you'll be watching two of the top three bullpens in the AL this weekend; Minnesota is second at 2.63, Baltimore third at 2.82. Cleveland tops the league, with a 2.61 bullpen ERA.
- According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Oswaldo Arcia has joined Yogi Berra as the youngest players to homer at Fenway Park on their birthday. Ted Williams is one spot off; he homered there on his 23rd birthday. So Yogi and the Splendid Splinter, Oswaldo. No pressure.
- Cole De Vries is scheduled to make a Double-A rehab start tonight.
- Tim Wood had a setback in his rehab assignment, and so has been shut down yet again. At one point I thought Wood would be back within the week; at this point, he appears to be lost for quite a long time.