The long weekend is over, but we have some links for you to enjoy!
- Terence Moore did some real journalism for MLB.com last weekend, reporting that the Braves were actually the better team in the 1991 World Series. What was that Terence? I CAN'T HEAR YOU I HAVE THIS WORLD SERIES TROPHY STUCK IN MY EAR.
- Get a load of this Michigan paper's headline from last Sunday: "Mauer the lead villain again, as Twins snap 10-game skid with 3-2 win over Detroit Tigers." The article is all about how much Detroit hates Joe Mauer, just as if they were Twins fans themselves (moar home runs Joe!!!).
- When asked about his home run on Monday, Mauer told reporters, "It's funny, that's my second review in three days." Yes, Joe, what a knee slapper. Now get out there and hit some REAL dingers.
- Mike Berardino of the Pioneer Press asked Twins Assistant GM Rob Antony why AAA starting pitcher Kyle Gibson has not been called up yet, and then published the long-winded "answer" Antony gave him.
- Meanwhile, Brandon Warne of 1500ESPN for SOME reason thinks the Twins are over-thinking how to handle Kyle Gibson. Huh.
- Brian Dozier loves NASCAR. (The length of this article is amusing.)
- Rant Sports dropped a HUGE bombshell.
- Gardy really misses recently demoted outfield rookie Oswaldo Arcia.
- However, Oswaldo Arcia left Sunday's game at AAA Rochester with an injury to his throwing shoulder. But no need to worry, Brian Dinkelman got to replace him in right field.